Login

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 11:49 pm

Post subject: FG Con
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:22 am 

For those of you who don't know about it, for the last couple years we've been running a 'virtual' gaming convention using FG to do a ton of gaming in a short period of time and get to try out different GMs, meet new players, try out other rulesets, and generally just have fun.
Link to the FG Website: http://www.fg-con.com/

I am running 3 games myself this time around.
You should definitely CHECK IT OUT!

There is a Pathfinder Society game that is being run this year by a good GM in our time slot, if we all wanted to try it out that would certainly be an option.
4-02: In Wrath's Shadow: http://www.fg-con.com/events/pfs-4-02-in-wraths-shadow-3-7/
This is a level 3 - 7 game so if you don't have a PFS character it is no big deal, you can play one of the level 4 or 7 PREGENS and just check out what society gaming is like.
I haven't signed up for the game myself but I wanted to put it out there in case you guys thought this might be a fun diversion.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: FG Con
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:00 am 

I am participating in a number of FGCon games over that weekend. I'd prefer to stick with this game for Sunday morning, but am not averse to another game if everyone wants to try a swap. The slot runs until 2PM EST and it looks as though we might not be able to get everyone (including Keven) into the game at this point.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:46 am 

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that everyone (ie. Mike and Jay) follows this board that closely... so I don't know if we could even make it happen. Hopefully those of you that do (I know Dave and Keven are already signed up for one of my games) will check out the other fun at the Con.
BF

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

I'm playing in several session this coming weekend. The last FGCon was my first and I had a lot of fun... although my ears were smashed flat after wearing a headset all weekend :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:37 pm 

Well.. I thought the Con went pretty well. My Sunday afternoon game got cancelled, (apparently the GM went to the hospital or something) so I got to go over to Mom's and help her bring the porch furniture up from the basement... got some 'good son' points instead of playing. I guess that was cool. :)

My Champions session went well, there has been enough interest that I will probably run the same scenario again sometime soon. If any or all of you have interest, I'm happy to put you first on the list of player applicants. As it was, the folks that played in the session were all people who I'd played with before so it was a really good time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

I too had a really good time. Got in 5 PFS games which leveled my character up to 4 ! Whoo-Hoo!

The last of the 3-part series I played in essentially granted the characters mythic powers for the duration of the scenario. This was cool because it gave me a chance to give the rules a playtest with an existing character without having to play up through several levels of a campaign and "earn" the abilities. While it was great fun to toy around with mythic powers, it also pretty much convinced me that I won't be running any of my games using the mythic rules. Besides slowing down the gameplay somewhat (because it gives players *more* choices of what to do each round of combat) - it can pretty severely impact the game balance when facing off against non-mythic opponents.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:52 pm 

I meant to mention something about this this morning... but FG Con VII is coming up in a few weeks and the signups have opened. I'm running 2 PFS games and a Champions run (none of which are full up yet)..

I will be running one of the games in OUR time slot... Sunday morning.. October 18th. The Con starts on Friday the 16th and you can sign up as usual on the fg-con website... www.fg-con.com

Offline Profile